Entrepreneurs Banking Entrepreneurs Since 1912
2022 was the strongest year in Vista Bank's 111-year history.
With record earnings driven by our metro markets and continued long-standing West Texas relationships. The instability of the current economic climate has us all thinking strategically. However, we believe that times like this provide unique opportunities that separate the “good from the great.”
Recently ranked #21 out of 610 banks between $1-5 billion in assets nationally by CB Resource, Inc., Vista Bank remains intensely focused on core banking fundamentals including capital, liquidity, strategic M&A, and attracting and retaining the strongest talent in the industry.
Vista Bank at a Glance*
Vista Bancshares is a 111-year-old community bank holding company with $1.9 billion in assets and 17 locations spanning North, Central, West Texas and South Florida. With an innately conservative credit culture, Vista has a demonstrated history of maintaining resilient asset quality through a century of economic downturns. Having built a diverse loan portfolio with short-term maturities, Vista focuses on disciplined organic loan growth and strategic M&A opportunities. The board, founding family, and senior management control 60+% of the total shares, closely aligning our daily purpose with shareholder interest. Finally, in the past seven years, we’ve invested more than $15 million in software and information technology which speaks to our commitment to proactive risk management.*
*Overview as of March 31, 2023 per publicly filed call report plus April 1, 2023 closing of Charis Family of Banks acquisition and Palm Beach expansion.
– Privately owned
– Domiciled in Dallas, Texas
– CEO: John D. Steinmetz
– Asset Size: $1.9 billion
– Total Loans: $1.4 billion
– Total Deposits: $1.6 billion
– Number of Clients: 15,733
– Number of Team Members: 193
2022 Financial Highlights*
March 31, 2023 QTD Financial Summary*
– QTD Net Income of $7.4 million.
– Returns on Average Assets and Equity of 1.94% and 16.78%, respectively.
– Robust Net Interest Margin of 4.70% and low Efficiency Ratio of 47.16%.
– Strong annualized loan and deposit growth of 10.81% (excl. PPP) and 17.61% respectively.
– Strong liquidity with cash and securities representing approximately 15.4% and 6.9%, respectively, of total assets.
– Continued solid credit metrics with nonperforming assets of 0.18% of total assets.
*per publicly filed March 31, 2023 call report